Thursday, March 31, 2011

Petal Power...

Picking out flowers is easy. They are flowers and most of them are pretty. Well most of them....

Flea bitten looking nasty scabiosa


So after my short course in summer wedding flowers I settled on some colors and shapes to be used in my arrangements. Even though I am already saving money by using a friendor I suspect we will have to make a few exchanges due to availability (example some zinnias are shaped similar to dahlias at a lot less of a price).

POP QUIZ!!! Name the flowers



Rose Dahlia Chrysanthemum Gerbera Daisy (but a nice one)
Asters Spray Roses Calla Lilly Lisianthus
Greens Hydrangea



I got so excited after picking out the flowers that I wanted to see what they would look like. Being stranded in my house with no car and no clue where to get flowers in my new city.... I may have drank the power point kool aid and created a mock up of the centerpiece....

Scared?


Although my highly skilled artwork may give you an idea of how the colors will blend together... it doesn't do much for shape. With seventeen guest tables I am going for a bit of non-uniform look to break the room up... Ideally we could pick up some milk glass vases for low round centerpieces like these:



Once we get settled into the new house I will have to do a test run myself to see how it looks.

Anyone else out there deciding on flowers without an expert opinion? If so are you planning on doing a test run?

No comments:

Post a Comment