Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Who are the FMB's anyways?

Mr. FMB is working on a doctorate in chemical engineering and I am a chemist who works for a scientific journal. Before you ask any questions- yes it was dork love. Mr. FMB came over to my graduate school where he was working with my best friend (and MOH now). Maybe it was the heat of Austin, TX or the Mexican martinis but over that year a romance blossomed.


Me, Mr. FMB and MOH FMB

The three of us hung out a lot....




Mr. FMB had to go back to England to finish his undergraduate degree and stay in England for another year after because of the student visa. I finished up graduate school and moved up to Boston to begin a career. As poor as we were Mr. FMB came to visit as much as he could- April 2009, Summer 2009, November 2009 and September 2010. I was able to make it out a couple times in winter when work was slower. However it was hard and thankfully due to Skype, Gchat, smartphones and sheer luck we were able to make it through until I finally moved to the UK in February of 2011 as Mr. FMB had began a graduate program in the Brum.

Together we share a love of food, drink, movies and science facts. We will travel to any museum except modern art and bonus points if it has a dinosaur. (FYI the Louvre is closed on Tuesday- we learned this the hard way) We share a love of sports including rugby which we watch together. Also Mr. FMB supports me when I play and makes me hot water bottles after games.


T. Rex at the Smithsonian. We were tempted to use it for the STDs.





Cape Cod 7's after party... Mr. FMB manned the grill all day!


Lastly we also have a three year old schnoodle that I adopted just before Mr. FMB left Texas. His name is Cobalt (German for gremlin)- he also goes by many other not so nice names when he misbehaves.


In true geek fashion Cobalt was named after the chemical element


That just about sums us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment