Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Music of the night (US)

Mr. FMB and I have different tastes in music, the kind of tastes that do not overlap at all. Maybe its the three years in age difference... or maybe it was that we grew up in two different countries. From our nights out I know I hate the dance clubs in England and he can not stand the bad pop music in the states. So music selection will be easy right?

Well luckily the ceremony music was easy. The traditional church only allows certain music and I just picked out the ones that we will be familiar with- decided on organ and trumpet and done. (The professor in charge did sing several of them to me over the phone which was very entertaining as I had just returned from cocktails with friends).

Cocktail hour was easy too... as neither of us will actually be able to attend Mr. FMB is not too fussy. So for cocktail and dinner it was the classic standards from my friends Frank, Bing, Ella and and Nat. During dinner I will throw in a few slow songs that I would want to hear but may not fit into all the other craziness like "Forever and Ever, Amen" by Randy Travis and "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts (yes I will sneak a little country in).

For the dancing part of the night we banned any formal dances (chicken, electric slide etc). Mr. FMB only had one request- "Apple Bottom Jeans" because apparently it reminds him of meeting me in Texas (I am not sure if it is a compliment). Add in a spice of Rhianna, Bon Jovi, Donna Summers and the King of Pop and the only reason my family will leave the dance floor will be for another drink. We did have to decide on a few special songs for those moments:

Entrance Song: "Whole Lotta Love" - Led Zeppelin
Father/Daughter Dance: "Tale as Old as Time" - Beauty and the Beast
Cake Cutting: "Oh, It is Love" -HelloGoodbye
Last slow dance: "The Luckiest"- Ben Folds

However there was one song Mr. FMB was putting up a fight for... the first dance. Hours on YouTube and bottles of wine were wasted debating over this song. After returning back to our respective countries Mr. FMB had a stroke of genius and suggested "Feeling Good" but what version?

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment