Monday, March 28, 2011

My Confessed Floral Stupidity

Having a friendor take care of the flower arrangements means I need to do a bit more research ahead of time so I can help select the varieties. I have absolutely no clue about flowers at all but as I intended on planting my very own English garden in a month it is time to do investigation. According to a wide variety of flower websites these common wedding flowers will be available for my July wedding:
Alstromeria- Do not like the markings so a no for me

Asters-Maybe as a filler

Bells of Ireland- No because of the funny shape

Calla Lillies- Yes sparingly

Cockscomb- No for the funny name and fuzzy look

Chrysanthemum- Yes yes and yes in light green and white

Columbine- No too little

Delphiniums- No because of the funny shape

English Lavender- yes as a filler

Forget-Me-Not- maybe as a filler

Freesia- No, just don't like

Gerberas- Just not for my wedding

Gladioli- No because of the shape

Hydrangea- yes as a filler

Iris- No, never liked them

Larkspur- No because of the shape

Liatris- No because of shape

Lillies- No because of funerals and smell
Lisianthus- yes yes yes

Nigella- Um.... no

Queen Anne's Lace- Yes as a filler and it reminds me of home

Roses (regular)- Sparingly but they do come in a lot of colors

Rose (cabbage)- Yes! I love these!

Snapdragons- No because of shape

Stephanotis- Yes I love how delicate and clean they look


Stock- No because of shape

Sunflower- No, not for my wedding

Tuberose- No

Yarrow

Zinnia- Yes (and a way to mimmic expensive Daliahs)



Which are your favorites? Any good summer stems out there that I may be missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment