Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The first dance... the first compromise

Everyone tells you that marriage is a a constant compromise and raising a child is a team effort (insert many other sayings here). Well if being in a relationship was a primer then planning a wedding is college and you start having situations needing a compromise thrown at you, a lot of them.

I had a list of first dance songs I wanted but Mr. FMB shut down every one. Considering I was getting pretty much my way on most things for the wedding having Mr. FMB know and like "our song" was fine with me. In a flash of brilliance he sends me the following two links (over gchat of course- most of our pre-England life took place over gchat)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tuTSi6Sck
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwRQqJsegw

I loved both and loved that he had picked them out on his own... so we decided to use one for the US and one for England... a great way to tie the weddings together.

What else has been a compromise? His morning suit, the food and many more. Maybe it isn't the wedding that I always dreamed of... but it has become way better.... the wedding we have always dreamed of. Going through this process together has even given me new dreams of what I want on that day.


Do you have a groom who has a lot of opinions or none? How do you work out planning differences when you have completely different views?

No comments:

Post a Comment