Friday, March 25, 2011

Friendors

Friendors- friends that are also wedding vendors. It hasn't make it into the dictionary yet like muffin top, couch surfing or tinfoil hat... but it will one day!

I have some awesome and talented friends. I am very lucky to know these people as I am saving thousands of dollars on my wedding because of them. My MOH's little sister is an awesome photographer and has done many engagement shoots but not a wedding yet. Seeing her work I am confident that she will do awesome and be able to get a great mix of posed and candid shots. A college roommate (may have been known as "Momma") is taking on the crazy task of doing my flowers. 17 table tops, cake, 10 boutonnieres and 2 bouquets... she is so type A that I have no doubt that they will be beautiful (how ugly can flowers be?). Also I want to give a shout out to a healthy friend who is cooking up muffins and goodies for the bridal suite to munch on.

Being the laid back non-planning bride I am I am confident that friendors are the right and economically sane choice to make for me. Would you take the risk? Are some tasks more "friendor friendly" than others?

No comments:

Post a Comment