Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dress Hunt Round 1....




Mr. FMB- this is safe for you to see










For anyone who has seen me play a sport (or not play because I fouled out or got carded)... I am pretty aggressive. So as much as I would have loved to be part of the above scene using my hurdling, boxing out and tackling skills to score the perfect wedding dress at some "cheap" price it was not to be. Also there is no way unless I loose part of my body that I would ever fit in a sample size.


So how do I start to look for the "most important dress of my life"? Well with everyone else I go to the mags and played wedding dress hot or not. This was quite fun for a while and I started the magical binder (much much more on that later). The top three contenders from the magazine stage were as follows:
David's Bridal



Justin Alexander


David's Bridal


However around mid October it was pointed out that wedding dresses take eight months and the sacrifice of a three winged canary to make. I was going to Spain in November, plus a gala and thanksgiving and the future in laws visiting, England in December, Cali in January and back to England for a long trip in Feb..... crap I needed to get a dress within two weeks!!!!!

Most brides will have broken down completely at this point. I remained calm, collect and went into emergency mode (I work well under pressure). I researched places nearby and scheduled an appointment at a local shop for one close by for the next night. I planned on going alone to do "research" as I needed to be prepared to make this decision fast when I saw the right one. So the first time I went shopping I went and just tried on anything that I thought I may like.... most of which I picked did not even make it half way on. I even humored the Portuguese grandma who owns the shop by trying on her choices, most of which were better than mine.

At the end of an hour I had discovered a few things about my yet to be wedding dress.
1. I have big boobs and dress tops tend to be very tiny.
2. I hate frilly spangled things and started using the term "fairy vomit" to describe it on dresses
3. Dresses that go out with a "higher" waist actually hit my natural waist and make me look skinny
4. I am all over the board when it comes to deciding on a dress (why this story has five parts)
5. Dresses with a train make me feel like a snail.

No comments:

Post a Comment