Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dress Hunt Round 2....

Mr. FMB this is safe for you to see








I did forget to mention in the same weekend as our engagement party I was scheduled to do a round of dress shopping with Stepmom FMB and Aunts FMB. I had only allowed for a $1000 budget for the dress. Aunts FMB thought this was silly and decided we needed to go to a boutique. So we were scheduled for the boutique as well as David's bridal. I luckily was at least armed with my newly found facts about wedding dresses from the Portugese Grandma:
1. I have big boobs and dress tops tend to be very tiny.
2. I hate frilly spangled things and started using the term "fairy vomit" to describe it on dresses
3. Dresses that go out with a "higher" waist actually hit my natural waist and make me look skinny
4. I am all over the board when it comes to deciding on a dress (why this story has five parts)
5. Dresses with a train make me feel like a snail.


On to the dresses. There were a lot of dresses. As you can tell from my looks... none of them were "the one"





Having not been impressed by the dresses and less impressed by the pretentious atmosphere of the boutique and their prices FMB stepmom, aunts and I headed out for a glass of wine. Then on to David's Bridal. At least here there was slightly more spark:



This was just a no on so many levels...



Loved this dress on paper.. but it was way too wide in person



My style... but not for the wedding day



Just a no again.... move on...


I kinda feel like a ballerina.... but I like it....


At the end of the weekend I had tried on about 40+ wedding dresses with no solid contenders and time clicking away. I went back to Boston to do more homework.


No comments:

Post a Comment