Thursday, March 17, 2011

Frustration of the average sized girl....



I like most average American girls am happy with how I look, but could loose a few pounds. According to statistics I am the average at a size 12-14. Even though wedding dress shopping is supposed to be fun I did have a very negative experience.

I had fallen in love with the Vineyard Collection from Priscilla of Boston. The clean cut lines just fit my taste perfect and I could already see them on myself with my pearls. Being very lucky and living in Boston I decided to make an appointment. My targets were below:



Sophie




Lindsey

Madison



I was able to get an appointment on a weeknight and of course they had all the dresses there to try on. The staff was very sweet and helpful and asked what I was looking for. I described some of what I had had on and explained what I liked and didn't like about them. I was excited because I was kind of in love with the Sophie gown with its unique neckline.

When the sales girl returned I was ready in robe and she was armed with dresses. As we began to try them on she stated that their sample sizes are a 4 (0-2 normal sizes) so I would have to use my imagination.

I am very comfortable in my skin and love the way I look and am very healthy at my weight. However, as much as I loved the cuts and designs... and the fabric was so light but glamorous looking... I could not purchase a gown. I could not realistically see how the gown would sit on my body and one of them she just had to hold up in front of me because it wouldn't go over my chest.

I left frustrated and annoyed that because of my size I was not a client worth catering for. I can understand the need to save space but to have two samples or one of a more reasonable size would not be out of the question. For me to spend $4000 on a gown I need to know it will hit me in the right places and being only able to try one ones far too small... I couldn't do that.

Did you find issues with wedding sizing?

No comments:

Post a Comment