Thursday, March 17, 2011

How many make a party?

I had a ring, we had a venue, I had a dress and we had a guest list. Now with over 3,000 miles between Mr. FMB we needed to figure out who else would be in the spotlight with us.

I knew immediately who I wanted as my MOH and when we called to tell her we were getting engaged her exact words were, "This is awesome my two best friends were getting married!"

Mr. FMB was needed more time to decide and was flexible on numbers so I was left to decide on bridesmaids. Tradition in my family was about 3-8 per side. So I started to look at the numbers:
Post College- 1-2 ladies
College friends- 2-5 ladies
Home friends- 1 lady
Family- 1 lady
The thought of an additional 5-9 people to coordinate seemed daunting even with my MOH's help. Being one of the first of my friends and second in my generation to marry I decided to take the easy route- just have my MOH and that is it.

When I let me friends know that I was not having a wedding party I was embraced and there were no sore feelings. The same girls who would have been standing by my side have been pitching in to help with wedding plans and volunteered for wedding day tasks. As a bonus- they just get to wear far more flattering dresses on that day!

Mr. FMB was completely fine to "do less work" as he saw it and asked BM-FMB shortly after. Since then BM-FMB and his crew of henchmen have been planning Mr. FMB's demise on his stag-do. I even have a sneaky part in their plans.

So after a couple weeks of debate our wedding party was shaping up to be quite global but left everyone happy at the moment.


How did you decide on the sizes of your wedding party? Were there any hurt feelings for those left out?

No comments:

Post a Comment