Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Don't make me push send....


Now that we had agreed on which invites to order we actually had to order them. I knew that I wanted a traditional wording and to include his parents names as many invitees have not had a chance to meet Mr. FMB's parents. (They are equally awesome as mine and we just had a lovely tea at our house this weekend for Mum's day in England. Included were a proper roast dinner, game of cards and a walk around the local park- I could not make this up if I tried.)

So armed with my basics I hunted the web for acceptable wording. Just to make it clear my parents are hosting the US event and are not divorced and neither are his parents. (If some of these factors are different there are 1000 other permutations of how to word):

Mr. and Mrs. Charles Smith
request the honor of your presence
at the marriage of their daughter
Isabella Marie
to
Edward Jonathan Callahan
on Saturday, November 27
at half past eight o'clock in the evening
153 North Rosewood Street
Wisteria, California

This was a fine basic template so we used this to start our wording which ended up as so:

DadFirstName and StepMomFirstName LastName
request the honour of your presence
at the marriage of their daughter
My full name including middle
to
His full name with middle
son of FirstName and FirstName Their LastName
on Saturday, the twenty-third of July
Two thousand and eleven
at three o'clock in the afternoon
Name of Chapel
Name of College
Worcester, MA

Reception to immediately follow



A mouth full right?! Well after everyone proofread it (including some strangers we pulled over on the street) we ordered them. I really hated to officially hit send as I was terrified that something had to be wrong with them. But apparently the crisis was averted and they came back just as I wanted, except the envelope liner as I forgot to call to change the order- oh well!





I think they turned out alright. All for a cost of $363/125 invites (budget was $350 but we were including stampage which will be another $100). We had to over order a bit as we are sending out 96 invitations and it was either 100 or 120 and we did spend a little extra to have the return address printed on the back of the envelope and add a line of text to the invite and RSVP card.

As I will not be stateside until May we will not mail out the invites till June 1st. I am setting up the file and the FMB parents are practicing on envelopes like Miss Cinnamon Bun did here:
Until then I will put away thoughts of the US invites and focus on my list of 1000 other tasks.

Were you nervous about making mistakes on your invites? When they arrived was it what you expected? Did you stay in budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment